Image from the new black
I loved this Andy Warhol quote I stumbled across the other day. The yellow is awesome too. It got me thinking- I think sometimes it is easy to forget that the little things are the things that matter in life. I am as guilty as everyone thinking that I need a ‘big thing’ to be happy (buying a house, getting that job, going on that big holiday etc), but really the little things in life are the things that add the sparkle and the interest.
After a lot of consideration I came up with my top ten list of the little things!
· Eating good pizza (never, ever gets old)
· A new pair of pyjamas (one of my all time favourite pick-me-ups in fact!)
· A really well made cup of strong, freshly brewed coffee at 6am
· Hearing your new favourite song on the radio and turning up the volume
· A glass of a delicious red wine
· Waking up to sunshine after days of rain. Or waking up to rain when you want that cosy Sunday staying in.
· A surprise letter or call from a friend when you get home from work. Not just bills!
· Playing that old album you haven’t heard for years
· Laughing with friends and family, you know that ‘I can’t breathe’ laughter
· Fresh flowers! Seriously, walking home with bouquet you have bought yourself is such a fun feeling!
What are your favourite little things in life? (Cue the Sound of Music soundtrack being stuck in your head for hours!).